1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, log onto wgntv.com/contest during the entry period between 10/3/12 and 10/15/12 until 3:00pm and click on the "Bootiful Pets Photo Contest" logo to complete and submit the registration form along with a picture of your pet in costume. Limit one entry per person. Limit one entry per pet. Photo submitted for WGN-TV Bootiful Pets Photo Contest must feature the entrant's pet. All entries must be submitted online, and received within the entry period. Incomplete entries and entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified. WGN-TV will disqualify any entry that includes photographs that are not of a pet, violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), and/or contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, as determined by WGN-TV.
Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if insufficient amount of entries are submitted.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The entry for the contest runs from October 3, 2012 through October 15, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Once all submissions have been received, entrant photos will be posted on WGNtv.com in rounds based off votes received.
A) First Round: October 16-23, 2012: On-line voting will be conducted from Tuesday, October 16, 2012 through 11:59AM on Tuesday, October 23, 2012. On or around 1:00PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2012, the ten (10) entrant photos that receive the highest number of votes during this Round will be deemed Qualifiers and will advance to the Final Round.
C) Final Round: October 24, 2012 – October 30, 2012: Ten (10) First Round Qualifiers photos' will be posted for the Final Round no later than 3pm on Wednesday, October 24, 2012. Viewers and website users may vote on-line from Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 3pm through 2pm on Tuesday, October 30, 2012. On Tuesday, October 30, 2012, the photo that received the highest number of votes during the Final Round will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility confirmation and compliance with these rules. The winner will be notified by phone on or around Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
If the winner is determined to be ineligible or who otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules she shall be disqualified, and the first runner up (i.e., the Finalist with the next highest number of votes earned during the Final Round Runway Show) shall be deemed the winner.
4. ONLINE VOTING: Viewers may vote by visiting wgntv.com, and clicking on the "Bootiful Pets Photo Contest" link at any time during any of the winner selection rounds. Viewers may vote up to 100 times per day from any computer IP address, but automated means of voting are prohibited. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, il
legible, late, or misdirected votes, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit votes.
5. THE PRIZES: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize consists of: A $200 Kriser's gift card (ARV=$200).
The prize will be forfeited if the winner fails to claim prize by deadline, fails to execute the prepared forms of release and waiver, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Prizes are not assignable or transferable. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of the prize if the prize value exceeds $600. Winner must come to WGN –TV to pick up the prize at 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 within 15 days of notification.
6. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a.This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, the Tribune Company, Party City, Kriser's ("Contest Sponsors"), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
b.Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are 13 years and older at the time of entry.
c.Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since April, 30, 2012 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a.Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b.Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c.Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
d.Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
e. Warranties: By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry (photo) is the entrant's own original creations, do not violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks), do not contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content, and do not contain fraudulent or false information about the entrants.
8. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
10. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV "BOOTIFUL PETS PHOTO CONTEST" Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after October 1, 2012.
11. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV "BOOTIFUL PETS PHOTO CONTEST" Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after October 30, 2012 and before November 30, 2012.