WGN-TV "LIP DUB" CONTEST
OFFICIAL WGN-TV RULES
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, log onto wgntv.com during the entry period starting Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 6 am through Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 11:59 am and click on the "Lip Dub" contest logo to complete and submit the registration form along with your school’s video. Video can be uploaded to wgntv.com. Video files accepted include .avi, .mov, .qt, .mp4, .mpeg, .wmv, .mpg. Maximum file size = 200 MB.) Entry form includes name and address of school, and name, address and phone number of the contact student entering on behalf of the school. One entry per school. High School entrants must receive consent from school administration for the song selection and for entering a music video where all participants are lip-synching the words to the song used as the sound track. Administration and faculty may guide and advise the production but may not operate any video or editing equipment. The video, new or existing lip dubs, must be shot in one continuous take in the school and/or on school grounds. Editing techniques allowed within the one continuous take are limited only to the following: speeding the video up, slowing it down, blurring or color correction. Video/text graphics may only be used at the opening or ending of the video. All entries must be uploaded and received within the entry period. Incomplete entries and entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified. WGN-TV may disqualify or take down any entry that includes videos that are not shot in the school or on the school grounds, is alleged to violate the rights of any person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), and/or contain offensive, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or profane content, as determined by WGN-TV. Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest if an insufficient number of entries is submitted.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The entry period for the contest starts Saturday, May 8, 2010 at 6am and ends Sunday, October 31, 2010.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Once all submissions are received, all qualifying videos will be posted on WGNtv.com. Viewers will be invited to vote for their favorite High School and College Lip Dub in multiple rounds as described below. All voting rounds pertain to two (2) divisions: High School and College. Schools will move forward in the competition based on online voting and WGN-TV’s judging of their lip dub performances. Criteria for judging include creativity, enthusiasm, and accuracy of singing in synch with the music. All decisions regarding this contest made by WGN-TV are final and binding.
A) First Round: November 1 – November 15, 2010: All qualifying videos will be posted for the First Round no later than 3 pm on November 1, 2010. Online voting will be conducted from 11/1/10 through 11:59 am on 11/15/10. On 11/15/2010 three (3) videos from each division (high school and college) will be selected as First Round Qualifiers based on online voting and WGN-TV’s judging of their lip dub performance and will advance to the Final Round.
B) FINAL Round: November 16 – November 22, 2010: The three (3) First Round Qualifiers in each division (high school and college) will be posted for the Final Round after the announcement on WGN Morning News on November 16, 2010. Online voting will be conducted from 11/16/10 through 11:59 am on 11/22/10. On November 22, 2010, one (1) video from each division will be selected as the winner based on online voting.
On Tuesday, November 23, 2010, both winners will be announced on the WGN Morning News. Portions of the winners’ Lip Dub performances may be shown on WGN News and the full Lip Dub will be shown on WGNtv.com. In the event of breaking news, WGN-TV reserves the right not to show the video during the newscast. It may be shown at a later date.
If either winning school is determined to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, WGN-TV will select an alternate winner based on completed online voting and judging of the lip dub performance.
4. ONLINE VOTING: Viewers may vote by visiting WGNtv.com and clicking on the "LIP DUB" link at any time during any of the winner selection rounds. Viewers may vote as often as they wish. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected votes, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit votes.
5. THE PRIZE: There will be two (2) winning schools, one (1) from each division, high school and college. The prize consists of WGN-TV broadcasting live from each winning school on a date to be announced.
6. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
Eligible high schools and colleges must be located in the following counties: Cook, Dupage, Lake, McHenry, Dekalb, Kane, Kendall, Will, Grundy in ILLINOIS Lake, Porter, Newton, Jasper in INDIANA.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Permissions: The contact person for each high school (the person who uploads the school’s video and is responsible for production of the video) is responsible for securing permission of the school administration for producing and submitting the video, and for securing permission of each student (and any other person) depicted in the video, without further compensation, for WGN-TV, its agents and licensees, to use each such person’s name, voice, photograph, video, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in any and all media in connection with this and any future contest, as well as to secure permission for use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property in the video.
b. As a condition of entry, each participant agrees that WGN-TV will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any nature in connection with the production or submission of contest videos.
8. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
10. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV "LIP DUB" Contest Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618.
11. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV "LIP DUB" Contest Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after November 31, 2010 and before December 31, 2010.